Hole 19 Digital Challenge FAQ's
Originating in the UK in 1998 as a golf tournament to celebrate the millennium, International Pairs is now firmly established as a major event in the diaries of many golf clubs and public handicap-registered golfers worldwide. Thousands of golfers take part each year and the tournament are continuing to expand internationally with new countries becoming involved on a regular basis. The International Pairs World Final Series is an International Golf Tournament, played globally. Since its inception 21 years ago, more than a million amateur golfers from over 35 countries have enjoyed competing in this exciting, friendly and hugely prestigious event.
International Pairs World Finals is an event created for amateur golfers by golfers and designed to deliver a thrilling final for our participants worldwide. International Pairs continues to attract the media’s attention every year.
- Players must register & pay through Hole19’s exclusive registration form
- The registration fee is €5 / £5 GBP / CHF 5 per qualifying round per player
- Players will be required to play with a partner that is also registered on the Hole 19 Golf GPS App
- The format is better ball stableford (best ball)
- A minimum of 8 qualifying rounds must be played and the best 5 rounds count towards the leader board
- Each player from each participating pair will track their own scores within the Hole19 Golf GPS app
- Country winners will be invited to attend the 2021 World Finals, all expenses paid
The first season will include 10 countries and expand in the near future. Countries included for the 2020/2021 Season will be: Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Currently there are 10 countries that will participate, each having the opportunity to qualify for the World Finals to compete against each other for the 2020/2021 Digital Challenge World Championship Title.
All amateur golfers of the age of 18 and older, who have an official handicap index with the players country handicapping governing body, can register on the Hole 19 Golf GPS app/website for the Hole 19 International Pairs Digital Challenge.
- Entrants will register for each round they would like to play 48 hours prior to the round, entrants can register using the ‘Register Now Link’ on the International Pairs Golf website found under the Hole 19 Digital Challenge on the menu or by registering on the Hole 19 Golf GPS App.
- International Pairs will then send the registered pair a unique competition link via email. This will be a unique link for each qualifying round the player registers to play.
- Click on the unique link and make sure to click on “JOIN” in the top right corner.
- On the day of your round, both members of your team simply need to insert their scores in their own Hole19 Golf GPS app. The International Pairs Scoring Committee will automatically have access to your scores to calculate the team’s better ball score (Note: Make sure you and your partner play the same course, tee-boxes and date that you indicated in the registration form)
The registration fee is €5 / £5 GBP / CHF 5 per qualifying round per player (10 Euro/ 10 GBP/ 10 CHF per pair)
Players are to register and pay for a qualifying round on the Hole 19 registration form 48 hours before they are due to play. This can be found on the International Pairs Golf website menu > Hole 19 Digital Challenge > Register Now > Select your Country.
Yes you can, A player could decide to give him/herself more opportunities by registering in more than 1 pair and play in the competition. It must be taken into consideration that a player may only qualify for the world finals with one partner and each pairing will have to submit separate scores, thus:
- Player X plays as a pair with Partner A – cost is 5 Euro per player per round (10 Euro per pair).
- Player X decide to also enter as a pair with partner B – cost is 5 Euro per player per round (10 Euro per pair) – separate to point 1 above.
- Player X decide in addition to the players A & B above to also enter as a pair with partner C – cost is 5 Euro per player per round (10 Euro per pair) – separate to point 1 and 2 above.
Players are required to register 48 hours before a qualifying round, International Pairs will then send the registered pair a unique competition link. This will be a unique link for each qualifying round the player registers to play. See point number 5 to see the full process.
No, there is no limit, you can play as many rounds as you wish until the cut-off date for the season, which is August 31, 2021.
Entrants will be required to play a minimum of 8 rounds of golf between 1 July 2020 – 31 August 2021 to stand a chance of going to the World Finals, but is not limited to 8 rounds, you can play as many rounds as you like!
Each country will have their own leader board where you and your partner’s better ball stableford (best ball) scores displayed. Remember only the 5 best rounds count towards your leader board position.
No refunds will be allowed once a player has entered, for any reason.
If you cannot play a round you registered for, due to medical or urgent reason, you will be required to notify International Pairs Support prior to your round via email email@example.com or contact form and your round will be cancelled. This prevents any discrepancies that may occur. You may be required to send proof for reason of cancellation.
- In the event of a tie (on the leader board – thus the total of 5 best rounds), based on better ball stableford points, your 6th best round will determine the winners, if still tied, 7th best round will determine the winners and if still tied, 8th best round will determine the winners.
- If teams are still tied after above, the count out, based on better ball stableford points, will be holes 10 to 18, then holes 13 to 18, then hole 16 to 18 and lastly hole 18 (as recommended by R&A). This will be done on the best round on the leader board.
- If still tied the process as in the point above, will be followed for the 2nd best round, if still tied the 3rd best round, if still tied the 4th best round, if still tied the 5th best round, if still tied the 6th best round, if still tied the 7th best round and if still tied the 8th best round. Should a winner after this process still not be found the winners will be determined by a lottery.
You can download the Hole 19 app on the Google play store for android users or on the Apple AppStore for Apple iPhone Users.
Entrants can play on any Internationally rated Golf Course on any day in their respective country, the pair will have to play on the same day and in the same 4ball, 3ball, 2ball grouping. You and your partner will then record the hole by hole score on the Hole19 Golf App.
A Pair can consist of 2 men, 2 ladies or mixed (lady and man).
Yes, all qualifying round scores should be entered on your national handicapping system after the round.
You will play off your last updated handicap/ your latest handicap. Please make sure your handicap stays up to date on the Hole19 Golf App and is updated before you start your next qualifying round.